Sunday, December 4, 2016

March 2011 in Tasmania

The weather determined where I went and for how long, in Tasmania. In the NW I went to Sheffield, the town of murals





and Burnie to see the papier mache sculptures at the Burnie Information centre.











Then I headed south to Mt Field National park, camping in the national park.

When I had been at Cradle Mountain in February, the weather became very cold so I didn't stop to see 'The Wall in the Wilderness'.  I went back to see it. It's a project taking more than a decade and I found it amazing. A man is carving the history of the area in slabs of huon pine (3m x 1m).

I waited for some good weather before visiting the east coast. This trip I went to Freycinet National Park








and the Bay of Fires.

 I then headed inland, driving through scenic farm land around Scotsdale










and stopping to see the chain saw sculptures at Legerwood.

I had time to visit Launceston and the Tamar Valley before I caught the boat back  to Melbourne in mid April. Ten weeks was not long enough for me in Tasmania. I planned to return another year.

No comments:

Post a Comment