Monday, December 12, 2016

May to December, 2011


After 10 lovely weeks in Tasmania, it is time for me to head to Queensland. Apart from the winter weather, it is my time to catch up with family and friends. For the rest of the year, I travelled north as far as Port Douglas and south as far as Caloundra. I know now, that I can take as much time as I need. Coastal Queensland as far north as Port Douglas is very popular in winter. If you plan to be in popular places at school holiday time, booking ahead is probably necessary.  


My travels for the rest of 2011:
Brisbane
Laura Dance Festival, held every two years. Laura is inland from Cairns.
Cairns esplanade

If you like tropical plants, visit the Botanic Gardens in Cairns.

Port Douglas


Milla Milla Falls, Atherton Tableland

Charters Towers has good examples of old Queensland architecture.


Cania Gorge
Caloundra, Sunshine Coast




No comments:

Post a Comment