Sunday, November 27, 2016

off to South Australia


I was now ready for the big drive south along the Stuart Highway. I felt a bit nervous about this drive but I didn't drive more than 3 -4 hours a day and I always stayed in caravan parks where I felt it was more secure. I tried to keep my fuel tank about half full. I didn't want to run the risk of arriving at a small place, wanting to fill up and finding there was no diesel.  


I stayed a few days at Coober Pedy - different, interesting.
an underground house at Coober Pedy

I was very glad to reach the Eyre Peninsula. Lots of beautiful places, I followed the coastline around  to Ceduna.


emus walking through the caravan park at Coffin Bay


Sculptures on the cliffs at Elliston

From Ceduna, I turned around and headed for the Flinders Ranges.

No comments:

Post a Comment