Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Ready to go, head for WA - 2009

After a few months of confidence building, I felt ready to take off. I wanted to go to Western Australia while my motorhome was new. At this stage I was still thinking I would be a grey nomad for two years. I wanted to see the wild flowers in WA, so being there in the spring was my plan.  I thought I would do the circle around Australia.

I set off from Queensland, drove across the NT and started my WA adventure in Kununurra. After taking 5 days just to cross the NT, I realised how big Australia is. My two year plan was not going to work. I had plenty of time to get to the wild flower areas, so I decided I was now on an open time plan. I would stay in WA until I had seen everything. I ended up being there for 11 months.
the Bungle Bungles

boab tree at Derby


I planned to start my wild flower viewing at Kalbarri National Park. I arrived in September and it was a really good year for wildflowers. I ended up following the flowers for 6 weeks, covering a number of different areas each with different flowers.                                                 

I covered all the scenic coastal areas, the gold fields and Perth.

Esperance



Once I finished with Kalgoorlie, I decided to not go across the Nullabor but to drive north again, and I planned for winter in the Northern Territory. I saw some different places on my drive north and revisited some areas.


No comments:

Post a Comment