Tuesday, November 29, 2016

December 2010, South Australia

There is so much to see in South Australia, I decide not to rush and made a plan to return for at least one more visit, another year. I decided to make my way to Tasmania. Tasmanian people I had met told me the best months to visit were February and March, so I made that my plan. It is expensive to take your RV across on the boat so that is why I decided I would stay for at least two months.

During December, I expored the Flinders Ranges.....



.... the Barossa Valley and the Fluerieu Peninsula.

Victor Harbor on the Fluerier Peninsula

Adelaide and Harndorf took up the first part of January, 2011. 


Harndorf reflects the heritage of the settlers from Germany.

By mid January, I needed to start heading towards Melbourne to catch the boat to Tasmania. I like to have enough time to be able to explore some areas along the way.


Almost on the border between SA and Victoria, I stopped at Mt Gambia to see the blue lake.

Eventhough it was school holiday time when coastal caravan parks are much more expensive and crowded,  I decided to travel the Great Ocean Road on my way towards Melbourne. 

People told me not to miss Port Fairy, not far from Warrnambool and the start of the Great Ocean Road. 

spectacular coastline along The Great Ocean Road

I was nervous about getting myself through Melbourne and onto the boat for Tasmania. I was catching the night boat so I had all day to sort it out. There is plenty of free parking a couple of streets away from where bording takes place, so I parked and had a good look at where I had to go. It is very well organised and I managed. The best tip I was given was to make sure I knew the deck and number after I was parked on board. It can be quite confusing next morning.


Arriving in Tasmania, ready for my next adventure.
            




No comments:

Post a Comment